Thursday, May 13, 2010

Betty on "Hard-to-read-friends"

So two of my closest friends are VERY hard to read! I've known both of them for about 6 years now and I still find myself confused as to what they are feeling! Now this is coming from someone who has spent her life being able to read people easily, so for me this is a pretty rough situation. For most of our friendships I would just guess what they were thinking and how they were feeling, but I found this to be a bad idea because I would often get it wrong. And that just made for confusion, frustration, and conflict. Now I would advise you, if you should have the same problem, to just simply ask the person how they are feeling or what they are thinking. If they are your friend, and you ask them in the most kind of ways, they wont mind a bit. I'm sure they will anderstand if they have been hard to read most of their lives, which is most likely the case. So after 6 years I have finally figured them out and talked to them about how I felt. I would also advise talking to that friend about how you have a hard time reading them and understanding what the heck is wrong! Talking has defiantley made a big difference. We are close that ever before and I feel much more open to voice my oppinion to them without worrying about hurting their feelings or whatever else. Life is hard enough without having to worry about giving your oppinion to a friend.
And on that note I would also say that a true friend is someone who will tell you when you are doing something stupid or making a potentially bad decision. Personally I want friends who tell me when I'm being stupid, rude, or just plane a butt-head. I often do these things without even noticing it becuase I am a passionate person and I have no problem giving my oppinion to pretty much anyone. So often it appears that I'm a butt-head when I am simply just being overt. But being passionate and overt can get me into trouble with people I am most comfortable with, like my family, becuase I will come out and say what I mean or what I feel and that isnt always the best of feelings or meaning, if you catch my drift. There is a fine line between rude and honest, and I often cross this line, haha.
So back to friendship......I have gone through some pretty awful relationships in my time, those of which are over, so I have some pretty good experience in that area. If you ever have an issue with a friend and you're not sure what to do or who to talk to feel free to come to me, I may be able to help you.
Well I'm off to have dinner with my family, but I hope you can get soomething from my little piece of experience!

peace out, Pretty Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment